Prodigal Son Returns
Not sure what the record is for the longest time between blogs…but I think I am getting close. I have tried to keep people up to date with our e-blasts. If you don’t receive the e-blasts and would like to, please send me a note at email@example.com.
My lack of blogging does not mean there has been a lack of action at Detroit Cristo Rey. In fact, it seems there is more happening than I can keep up with. Here are just a few highlights:
- I am delighted that 95% of our seniors have already received at least one college acceptance!
- We received our standardized test scores for our sophomores and they demonstrated solid improvement over the past year. Kudos to Mrs. Rowe and the entire faculty for their work.
- Ms. Leal is working hard at recruiting the Class of 2017. Prospective students have been here on Shadow Days and also taking the entrance exam. They are an impressive looking group.
- We are always on the hunt for more job sponsors and we are very excited that Chrysler is our newest partner and they are starting in a big way! We will have 2 teams starting work at their headquarters in January.
- Football All-American and All Pro Mike McCoy visited the school in November and spoke with our students about the importance of the choices they make. He is a great speaker who really connected with the students.
At present, our students are engaged in one of my favorite activities. Each Christmas our school adopts five families and raises money to help them enjoy the holiday. The generosity of the students and staff is always inspiring to me.
Best wishes to you and yours for a Merry Christmas and a Peaceful New Year.