CORPORATE WORK STUDY PROGRAM
The Corporate Work Study Program provides a real-life work experience for every student. Through this business experience, they build the knowledge, skills, and self-confidence to be successful in higher education, in the workplace and in life.
HOW IT WORKS
- One full-time, entry-level job supports a team of four Detroit Cristo Rey students.
- All of the students participate in a summer training program to prepare them for the work environment.
- The school handles all employment issues such as Workers' Compensation, Social Security, Medicare and tax withholding, and also provides student transportation to and from the employers' worksites.
- A team of four students fulfills a full-time work week.
- Companies can structure the schedule in a way that works for them. Some employers have all four students do the same job. Others assign students to different departments and tasks (e.g., Human Resources gets help on Tuesdays, Accounting on Wednesdays, etc.)
- Student employees work throughout the school year, beginning the day after Labor Day and working until the middle of June.
- By combining two common business concepts--employee leasing and job sharing--we achieve uncommon results.
Vice President, Sales and Operations