TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD BE A WORK STUDY PARTNER:
- If your firm needs help with entry-level clerical work, please contact us.
- If you are suffering from high staff turnover in entry-level positions and want to stabilize that by putting a worker in place who will stay at least 10 months (without asking for a promotion or a raise), please contact us.
- If your organization is interested in growing a diverse, qualified and local workforce, please contact us.
- If your marketing organization would benefit from the perspective of a teenage consumer, please contact us.
- If your customer service department or call center could improve results by having bilingual employees, please contact us.
- If you believe that Detroit is sorely lacking in opportunities that will help young people break out of the multigenerational cycle of poverty and you want to do something about it, please contact us.
- If your dialysis or chemotherapy patients would benefit from having a caring young person tend to their comfort during treatment, please contact us.
- If you want to help guide the aspiring doctors, lawyers, automotive engineers or entrepreneurs on the path to a successful career and the realization of their dreams, please contact us.
- If you’d rather support young Detroiters by showing them opportunities than leave them facing obstacles, please contact us.
- If you believe that in every person there is a light, but not everyone gets a chance to turn it on, please contact us.
YOU ARE IN GOOD COMPANY:
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation cites us as one of a growing body of schools that is revolutionizing ideas about teaching and learning to produce high-achieving graduates ready to succeed in today's changing world.
- There are more than 80 outstanding corporate work study partners that represent some of the top companies in the greater Detroit area.
- Detroit Cristo Rey student workers consistently rank in the top three of all Cristo Rey schools throughout the country as rated by their corporate work sponsors.
- The World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) identified the Cristo Rey Network's Corporate Work Study Program as one of six groundbreaking projects from around the world and awarded it a 2012 WISE Award.
As a Cristo Rey Network school, we use a nationally proven and innovative method that has been featured on 60 Minutes, CNN, BBC, CBS News, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, New York Times, USA Today, Time and Newsweek. This approach creatively interfaces with a rigorous academic curriculum while combining two commonly-used business concepts: employee leasing and job sharing. Click to view the compelling 60 Minutes segment or our local Work For It feature (which includes Detroit-area businesses).
For more information, contact Pam Jackson at 313.909.0672.